2009年10月9日金曜日

Senpai and kōhai~先輩と後輩~

Senpai means senior, and kōhai means junior. Exchange students feels strange about it isn't it? Do not you use that in your country?How do you talk with the senior? This answer is "same" in my small group member of today's class. I use this word "senpai and kōhai" very much in my life. I am Senpai and kōhai. The first grader of my サークル members calls me Nakki Senpai, and I am calling them their name. The junior speaks the honorific to the senior. I don't feel strange.
I have seen the student who talks to the teacher. And the student use タメ口. I couldn't believe!!!!Tameguchi is Friendly conversation. It is not use for senior.
And another story…. Last year, The second grade of high school student asked me "Can I use Tameguchi? becouse our age is near". Of course I was surprised. Near!?!?
「歳近いんでタメ口でいいッスか?(^∀^)」って聞かれたのです(笑)ち、近いのか!?まぁ確かに2歳差だけれどもまさか高校生からそのように言われるとは…。After that, we talk use Tameguchi. I don't know that is good or bad...高校生のタメ口は最初そのように聞かれたことに驚きました。私は丁寧語や敬語を話すというのはとても大切なことだと思います。相手に嫌な思いをさせないというのが第一だと思います。 The exchange student might feel it is very difficult and trouble. I think friendly is best and you have to enjoy not thinking so much. You don't have to use Honorific in this class, I think.

1 件のコメント:

  1. This is very interesting. Thanks! Even though I've been in Japan a long time, the word "tameguchi" was new to me. I wonder if there is a sense of "sempai" and "kohai" in this class.

    返信削除